Conformis, Inc. Announces Strong Clinical Study Results for Its Personalized Knee Implants
The primary results of the clinical study include:
- Implant Survivorship – 98.5% - 8 revisions (representing 1.5% of the 540 implants reviewed) at a mean follow-up of 2.8 years (ranging from one month to seven years post surgery)
- Patient Satisfaction – 89% reported being either satisfied or highly satisfied
- Functional Outcomes – high mean score of 82 (range: 34 - 100) using the Knee injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score for Joint Replacement (KOOS-JR) questionnaire. The study, “Patient Satisfaction, Functional Outcomes, and Implant Survivorship in Patients Undergoing Customized Cruciate-Retaining TKA”, was authored by Dr.
Lennart Schroeder, Dr. Cyrus Anthony Pumilia, Dr. Nana O. Sarpong, and Dr. Gregory Martin. It was published online in the September 2021edition of JBJS ( Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery) Reviews.
“This study was one of the largest retrospective studies completed in our history and is another example demonstrating that our technology drives high patient satisfaction, great functional outcomes, and high implant survivorship” said
The researchers reviewed patient records and conducted patient report outcome surveys of 540 knees in 433 patients who underwent personalized total knee arthroplasty performed by Dr.
“I am very pleased to see the positive outcomes experienced by my patients who have received
This latest study complements a similar study published in
- Implant survivorship – 100% at an average follow-up time of 1.9 years;
- Patient Satisfaction – 90% reported being either satisfied or highly satisfied; and
- Functional Outcomes - 90 mean score using the KOOS-JR questionnaire.
About Conformis, Inc.
Conformis is a medical technology company that uses its proprietary iFit® Image-to-Implant® technology platform to develop, manufacture, and sell joint replacement implants and instruments that are individually sized and shaped, which we refer to as personalized, individualized, or sometimes as customized, to fit and conform to each patient’s unique anatomy. Conformis also offers Identity Imprint™, a new line of total knee replacement products that utilizes a proprietary algorithm to select the implant size that most closely meets the geometric and anatomic requirements of the patient’s knee. Conformis’ sterile, just-in-time, Surgery-in-Box™ delivery system is available with all of its implants and personalized, single-use instruments. Conformis owns or exclusively in-licenses issued patents and pending patent applications that cover personalized implants and patient-specific instrumentation for all major joints.
Source: Conformis, Inc.